Travel Exemption Out Of Australia

bigredcouch's picture
bigredcouch started the topic in Sunday, 21 Mar 2021 at 7:29pm

Hey Swellnetters,

Wondering if anyone knows of any information portals relating to applying for and receiving travel exemptions to leave Australia?

Wondering if there's any facebook groups or forums similar to the Bali Covid-19 Update group on facebook?

Cheers!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Mar 2021 at 8:07am

To get the travel exemption just say that you’re leaving the country for 3 months or more. It took 24 hours to get the confirmation email which is then valid indefinitely. The government doesn’t mind you leaving as long as your return doesn’t jeopardise the possible importation of a foreign slave worker.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 22 Mar 2021 at 8:16am

Edit: What blown said.

To get out you need a good reason like business
(My neighbour is going to Singapore for a week this week, but he still needs to currently quarantine, although apparently soon they are opening up a hotel quarantine travel corridor)

Or personal reasons like family OS.

If just leisure like to go to Indo i believe it needs to be 3 month minimum, just to get out, ive honestly stopped keeping track but i don't think Indo are giving out the social type visa's needed to get into Indo that were happening mid to late last year.

Anyway a good FB group to get up to date info is law & regulations in Indonesia https://www.facebook.com/groups/400734003434772

Or Indo Immigration have a instagram page https://www.instagram.com/ditjen_imigrasi/

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Monday, 22 Mar 2021 at 8:49am

You could always try the government website.

A mate got out, had to be going for 3 months or more and he had mental health reasons, which were pretty legit. Long story. Just go through the hoops, but check you can get in the other side. So for him, interview with the US consulate as well as interview with Federal Dept of Immigration.

Still think it was a bad idea, he has to get back yet. My concerns for him were always about getting back, less about the going.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 22 Mar 2021 at 9:42am

Anyone got tips for entering Tahiti?

Chopes FC from today:

bigredcouch's picture
bigredcouch's picture
bigredcouch Monday, 22 Mar 2021 at 4:46pm

Cheers guys. Valuable info.

@Blowin, have you done this? What was your 'reason' for leaving Aus?

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Monday, 22 Mar 2021 at 7:52pm

Baumbach's picture
Baumbach's picture
Baumbach Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 6:13pm

I have just received my decision from the Australian Department of Home Affairs and they have approved my request to leave Australia through the exempt category of "Travelling overseas for at least three months"

They sent through an email saying it was approved....but I have no other formal documents etc.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is the printout of the email good enough for clearing customs?

It seemed a little bit too easy, just wondering if anyone has done the same?

https://www.myccpay.vip/

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 6:57pm

No experience but best of luck with your get out jail free card .

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 7:51pm

I managed to get my eldest onto a Mel-Per flight using his year 7 graduation certificate as ID, if that helps